FreeFree Downloadable Civil 3D Book
Firstly, what is a Civil 3D pipe and structure tables? Well, let's find out in this online training course. Certainly, this step by step tutorial is a part of the Civil 3D essentials book and how-to manuals.
Working with Civil 3D
As the pipe network grows, it will be harder to keep an inventory of all parts included in the network. A table would be a good option to provide more information on the network. We can include parts information, including connections, inverts, slopes, descriptions, coordinates, and more. To add a pipe network table, follow these steps:
- Select a part of the network (pipe or structure).
- Let’s start with a structure table. On the ribbon, run the Add Structure command.
- The Structure Table Creation dialog box presents the table creation of generic options. Among the choices, we have Table Style, Table Layer, Split Table, and Static or DynamicBehaviors. The only thing new here is the option to create a table By network or by Multiple selections. Pick By network to create a table for the entire Storm Sewer network. Then, click OK to create the table.
- Click somewhere close to the other tables in the drawing to insert the Structure Table.
- Use the same previous steps, used for the structures, to insert the Pipe Table.
- Click in the drawing area to insert the Pipe Table.