FreeFree Downloadable Civil 3D Book
It is often essential to limit a surface within a defined boundary. This allows you to focus on the area of interest. It also helps allocate more computer processing power to the actual required work. Indeed, boundaries help limit Civil 3D's calculations to a smaller surface area. This is especially important as Civil 3D is still a graphics intensive software.
To add a boundary to the surface:
- Expand the Existing Ground Surface definition.
- Right-click on Boundaries in the definition.
- Select Add.
- Call the boundary Flower Village Boundary for example.
- Click on OK.
- Click on the dashed blue line representing the site boundary.
- Notice how the surface is now constrained to the specified area.