FreeFree Downloadable Civil 3D Book
4.4 Creating points
We've seen how to import existing points collected from a land survey. However, we often need to create additional points. The reason may be for design purposes, incomplete field survey data that needs to be enhanced in the office, construction stakeout, or other motives.
Whatever the case may be, Civil 3D has a tool called the Point Creation Toolbar that allows us to create the points needed for different circumstances.
Let's explore a few cases where we need to create points.
- Continue working with the same SURVEYING.DWG file.
- Make sure osnapis activated (It will be blue when it's active and dark when disabled):
- Right-click on Object Snap to activate the following modes: Endpoint, Center, Intersection.
- Alternatively, you can select Object Snap Settings and select the Snap modes of your choice.
- Then, from the Object Snap tab, select the modes to activate.
$49.00 / year
Civil 3D Essentials
Learn and apply the tools offered by Civil 3D, the civil engineering special version of AutoCAD. This course includes on-demand videos, hands-on practices, downloadable materials, and many more resources.(20) 5.0 average rating
Free Downloadable Civil 3D Book
This mini-course offers a downloadable manual of Civil 3D. The eBook covers the features needed to successfully design most civil engineering projects, from field data collection to final design and layout.(53) 4.9 average rating