FreeFree Downloadable Civil 3D Book
Instead of creating a set number of points, we can create points at set intervals, for example, a point every 30m or 100ft.
- Run the Measure-Object command to create points.
- Click on the centerline of Rose Drive, the magenta polyline.
- For starting station, hit Enter to accept 0.000 (the starting point of the polyline)
- For end station, press Enter to accept 460.42m or 1,510.56ft (the end of the polyline).
- Enter at the command line to accept an offset of 0 from the line.
- For interval type 30m or 100ft at the command line. This indicates that we want to create points every 30m or 100ft.
- For the Description Enter DG-CL at the command line
- Press enter to ignore the request for elevation.
- Keep pressing Enter until the command line is blank.
- We have now created points at given intervals along the centerline. Case in point, this would be useful to designers when they receive a request from a surveyor for points at the major station of a baseline.
- Save your work.
$49.00 / year
Civil 3D Essentials
Learn and apply the tools offered by Civil 3D, the civil engineering special version of AutoCAD. This course includes on-demand videos, hands-on practices, downloadable materials, and many more resources.(20) 5.0 average rating
Free Downloadable Civil 3D Book
This mini-course offers a downloadable manual of Civil 3D. The eBook covers the features needed to successfully design most civil engineering projects, from field data collection to final design and layout.(53) 4.9 average rating